James W. Glatthaar
Mr. Glatthaar is a member of our Litigation, Co-Operative and Condominium, Construction and Real Estate Practice Groups. He concentrates his practice in the areas of zoning and land use law and litigation, cooperative and condominium law, construction law and real estate litigation. He has represented landlords, tenants, developers, non-profit institutions, sellers, purchasers, realtors, cooperatives and condominiums in building, zoning, housing and disability-based discrimination claims, landlord-tenant and construction defect claims both in courts and before state and federal administrative agencies. He has also represented property owners and purchasers in complex real estate and financing transactions.
Mr. Glatthaar is a continuing legal education lecturer for Sterling Education Services on landlord-tenant law and for Lorman Education Services on housing discrimination, landlord-tenant law and affordable housing. Mr. Glatthaar has also lectured for the Westchester County Bar Association as part of the Association’s continuing legal education program and for the Council of Westchester Cooperatives and Condominiums.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D. 1979
- Ithaca College, B.A., 1976 (cum laude)
- New York
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV® Preeminent (5.0 out of 5)
- White Plains Urban Renewal Agency, 2010-present
- Judicial Review Committee, White Plains City Court, 2015 – present, 1992-1993
- Westco Productions, Inc., Board of Directors, 1985-1990
- The City of White Plains, Deputy Corporation Counsel, 1984-1985
- The City of White Plains, Assistant Corporation Counsel, 1981-1984