Judy B. Brownstein
Ms. Brownstein is a member of our Trusts and Estates Practice Group. Prior to joining Bleakley Platt, she was a partner in a midsize Manhattan law firm and was of counsel to a Westchester law firm.
Ms. Brownstein concentrates her practice in the areas of trusts, estates, estate planning, taxation and estate administration. She has extensive experience in drafting wills, trusts and other estate planning documents and in estate and trust administration and related tax matters. She regularly drafts complex wills, revocable trusts, life insurance trusts, generation-skipping trusts, grantor annuity trusts, charitable split-interest trusts and qualified personal residence trusts. Ms. Brownstein represents corporate and individual fiduciaries in estate and trust administration matters, including estate tax and gift tax returns and audits, fiduciary income tax issues, accountings and miscellaneous court proceedings. She was the author of the 1985-1988 revision and supplement of Klipstein and Brownstein, “Drafting New York Wills,” published by Matthew Bender, Inc. and has lectured on estate planning and estate administration.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 1974
- City College of the City University of New York, B.A., 1970 (magna cum laude)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts and Estates and Elder Law Sections
- Estate Planning Council of Westchester
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association