Susan E. Galvão
Ms. Galvão is a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and a member of our Litigation and Appellate Practice Groups. From 1993 to 1995, she served as a staff attorney for the New York State Court of Appeals. Ms. Galvão joined Bleakley Platt in 1995.
Ms. Galvão has represented a variety of corporations, banks, insurance companies and individuals in litigation before federal and state trial and appellate courts. She has extensive experience in appellate practice, Surrogate’s Court practice, and trust and estate litigation, including kinship matters. She is also experienced with complex commercial litigation, including contract disputes, employment litigation, insurance coverage issues and class action defense. She has argued appeals in the state and federal courts on a broad spectrum of issues.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1993 (magna cum laude) – Law Review, 1992-1993
- Fairfield University, B.A., 1990 (cum laude)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York Super Lawyers, 2013 – present
- Named to New York Metro 2017 Super Lawyers/The Top Women List
- Selected as among the “Top Attorneys in Westchester,” by Westchester Magazine (October 2014)
- Chosen as among the “Top Women Attorneys in Metro New York,” by The New York Times Magazine (May 2014)
- Westchester-Fairfield Association of Corporate Counsel (WESFAC-CA) lecturer
- Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the 9th Judicial District, appointed by then-Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye of the New York State Court of Appeals