Mr. Rodriguez is of Counsel to the Firm. He has a decade of general litigation and transactional experience.
Before joining Bleakley Platt, Mr. Rodriguez was the Director of Real Estate for Westchester County, where he negotiated complex commercial real estate transactions, including multi-million-dollar hangar leases at the Westchester County Airport.
Prior to his appointment as Director of Real Estate, he was an Associate County Attorney working on a number of high-profile cases, including the County’s affordable housing settlement agreement with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. While at the County Attorney’s Office, Mr. Rodriguez appeared before federal and state trial courts, federal and state administrative agencies, and argued appeals before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit and the N.Y.S. Appellate Division, Second Department.
Before joining the Westchester County Attorney’s Office, Mr. Rodriguez clerked for Chief U.S. District Court Judge Dora L. Irizarry and U.S. Magistrate Judge Ramon E. Reyes, Jr., both of the Eastern District of New York. He also previously practiced intellectual property litigation at Morgan & Finnegan, LLP.
A graduate of Fordham University School of Law, Mr. Rodriguez received a graduate degree from Polytechnic University and his undergraduate degree from Manhattanville College, where he was co-captain of the baseball team.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Polytechnic University, M.S., 2004
- Manhattanville College, B.A., 2002
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- Represented County of Westchester in a 22-acre airport lease to Million Air, Inc., including the construction of a new 50,000 SF hangar and 20,000 SF terminal building.
- Represented County of Westchester in the assignment of airport leases from Landmark Aviation to Ross Aviation, pursuant to an anti-trust Divestment Order of the U.S. Dep’t of Justice in relation to Signature Flight Support’s $2 billion acquisition of Landmark.
- Represented County of Westchester in the lease of 10,000 SF of office space at the new Modern building in Mount Vernon.
- Represented County of Westchester in the lease of 4-story, 26-unit residential building in Yonkers for use as a homeless shelter and transitional housing.
- Represented County of Westchester in U.S. v. County, 06-cv-2860 (S.D.N.Y.), a complex false claims act lawsuit that was resolved by entering into an affordable housing settlement agreement with the U.S. Dep’t of Housing and Urban Development.
- Represented Westchester County in U.S. v. County, 13-cv-5475 (S.D.N.Y.), an Environmental Protection Agency enforcement action initiated to compel the County to comply with the Safe Drinking Water Act by treating drinking water with ultraviolet light to minimize the health risk associated with the parasite Cryptosporidium.
- Defended District Attorney of Westchester County against claims of violation of due process in Fiorito v. DiFiore, 13-cv-2691 (S.D.N.Y.). Obtained pre-answer dismissal of complaint, raising lack of subject-matter jurisdiction, immunity and pleading deficiencies.
- Defended County Commissioner against allegations of employment discrimination in Cetina v. County of Westchester, 12-cv-3740 (S.D.N.Y.). Obtained pre-answer dismissal of complaint and successfully defended dismissal on appeal and petition for certiorari.
- Represented Assistant County Attorney against claims of abuse of process arising out of child-neglect proceedings commenced against plaintiff by the Department of Social Services in Osborne v. County, 12-cv-9468 (S.D.N.Y.). Successfully moved to dismiss the Amended Complaint in its entirety.
- Pro Bono Partnership, Volunteer
- Manhattanville College Sports Hall of Fame Committee
- Licensed Real Estate Broker