Our Health Care Litigation Practice Group has extensive experience representing health industry clients in state and federal civil, criminal and administrative proceedings, as well as in arbitration and mediation proceedings.
Our attorneys in this practice group represent hospitals, nursing homes, health care practitioners, and other health industry clients in the following representative areas:
- Commercial and corporate matters
- Break-up of business entities and practice groups
- Antitrust, unfair competition and non-compete agreements
- State and federal health regulatory issues, including HIPAA and state health privacy laws
- Fraud and abuse, Medicare and Medicaid fraud and overpayment determinations and governmental investigations
- False Claim Act cases and civil monetary penalties
- Third party reimbursement matters, including OMIG and CMS audits and recoupment proceedings
- Professional licensing and internal proceedings involving physician privileges and discipline
- Labor and employment
- Real estate and zoning
We regularly advise health industry clients on compliance matters and liability avoidance strategies, including the implementation of corporate compliance programs. We represent clients in connection with state and federal civil, criminal and administrative investigations, audits and prosecutions. Our attorneys conduct internal investigations, often assisted by consultants, for Medicare and Medicaid recoupment demands, allegations of fraud and abuse and false claims. We defend state and federal False Claims Act cases, including whistleblower retaliation claims. Several of our Health Care Litigation attorneys have been state and federal prosecutors or have served in state health care regulatory agencies.
Bleakley Platt is committed to our clients’ success and believes that in some instances, an alternative fee arrangement may be preferable to a traditional hourly fee structure. Such arrangements require approval by the Firm’s management. To learn more about the Firm’s policy regarding alternative fee arrangements, click here or speak with a partner.