Michael graduated with Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa honors from Fordham University (B.A., 1991) and received his law degree from Fordham Law School (J.D., 1994). He has over twenty-five years of diverse legal experience. He previously operated a solo law practice in Rockland County. His professional career has been highlighted by transactional work at large and small New York City based firms.
Michael represents over 750 public school administrators on behalf of the Empire State Supervisors and Administrators Association, handling collective bargaining, mediation, and arbitration. He practices primarily in the areas of education law, labor law and general litigation and is part of the firm’s Municipal Law Practice Group.
- Fordham Law School (J.D., 1994), Dean’s List
- Fordham University (B.A., 1991) Philosophy; Minor in Political Science (Magna Cum Laude)
- New York, Second Judicial Dept
- Southern District New York Federal Courts
- Western District New York Federal Courts
- Fordham International Law Journal
- School Board Member and Officer, Albertus Magnus High School, Bardonia, NY (August, 2019 – Present)
- Secured favorable settlements for numerous public sector bargaining units in collective bargaining negotiations.
- Successfully represented public sector bargaining units in mediation and fact-finding procedures resulting in beneficial settlements.
- Obtained a judgment from New York State Supreme Court in favor of client in a precedent-setting litigation regarding New York State teacher and principal evaluation statute.
- Secured an order reinstating public sector employees who had been wrongfully excessed from their positions.
- Won an additional case before the New York State Commissioner of education to reinstate an improperly terminated public employee.
- Successfully represented employees before the Public Employment Relations Board in a mater regarding unilateral changes in terms and conditions of employment.
- Secured an order reinstating a school administrator under the tenure by estoppel doctrine.
- Obtained an order dismissing individual client from liability in a commercial lease litigation.
- Successfully represented parent and student in a personal injury case in New York State Supreme Court.
- Represented client in complex commercial real estate purchase.