Mr. Chen practices all areas of civil litigation, with a focus on federal litigation and appellate work. Before joining Bleakley Platt & Schmidt, he was the Deputy County Attorney for Appeals for Westchester County. Prior to his Westchester County employment, Mr. Chen worked in the White-Collar practice of a national law firm located in Boston and New York and was the 2016 recipient of the firm’s Pro Bono and Community Service award. Following law school, he clerked for the Hon. Dora L. Irizarry, U.S. District Judge in the Eastern District of New York.
A graduate of West Point, he served with the U.S. Army for six years as an Armor officer, including a 2003 deployment to Iraq. In his spare time, Mr. Chen serves as a volunteer firefighter for the Hastings-on-Hudson Fire Department.
Mr. Chen has argued before the First and Second Circuit Courts of Appeal as well as the New York Court of Appeals and the Appellate Division. He is a member of our Litigation and Appellate practice groups.
- Boston College Law School, J.D., 2009
- United States Military Academy, B.S., 2000
- New York State
- Supreme Court of the United States
- First and Second Circuit Courts of Appeal
- D. Mass.
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Appointed to Judicial Screening Committee for Appellate Division, Second Department by Gov. Hochul
- Member of Congressional Service Academy Nomination Board (NY-16)
- Second Department Judicial Screening Committee
- Volunteer firefighter for the Hastings-on-Hudson Fire Department
- Represents local municipalities in a variety of civil matters including Election Law, Torts, Breach of Contract, Employment, and Zoning
- Successfully represented Liberty Lines in insurance arbitration
- Successfully represented Westchester County against numerous Section 1983 lawsuits
- Successfully argued dozens of appeals on behalf of Westchester before the Second Department and the Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Defended corporate clients against multiple False Claims Act and Antitrust investigations brought by the federal government.