Planell, Raymond M.
Raymond M. PlanellCounsel
Mr. Planell is a former member of the Firm’s Executive Committee, and former head of the Trusts & Estates Practice Group. His practice includes trust, estate, and tax matters and issues related to the organization and governance of charitable entities and not-for-profit corporations, particularly cemetery corporations.
Mr. Planell is a former Adjunct Professor at Pace University in Estate Planning and has been a frequent lecturer at bar associations, business groups and charitable organizations.
- New York University, LL.M., Taxation, 1983
- Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 1975
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., 1972
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Claims Court
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV® Preeminent (5.0 out of 5)
- New York Super Lawyers, 2011 to present
- The Kensico Cemetery, Director, President and Counsel
- New York State Association of Cemeteries, Director
- St. Mary’s Healthcare System for Children, Director and Vice-Chairman
- William & Sylvia Silberstein Foundation, Director