Bleakley Platt & Schmidt, LLP has extensive experience representing New York municipalities in all aspects of their legal needs. Attorneys in our Municipal Law Practice group currently represent, or have represented, many New York counties, cities, towns, villages, and other municipal entities in various capacities, including as Town Attorney, Village Attorney, and General and Special Counsel.
Our representation incudes Westchester County, Sullivan County, Orange County, Rockland County, City of Rye, City of Yonkers, Town of Clarkstown, Town of Eastchester, Town of Pound Ridge, Town of North Castle, Town of Philipstown, Town of Yorktown, Village of Irvington, Village of Tarrytown, Village of Dobbs Ferry, Village of Piermont, Village of Mamaroneck, Village of Nelsonville, Village of Bronxville, Village of Tuckahoe, and the Village of Pelham.
Bleakley Platt regularly provides legal counsel to municipalities and municipal entities in matters relating to:
- Representation at administrative hearings
- General legal advice on daily matters
- Preparation of contracts for services, including inter-municipal agreements
- Municipal finance representation on various financing projects
- Advice regarding self-insurance programs and their establishment
- Municipal code revisions
- Oversight of project bidding, zoning and development, review, and approval
- Advice on labor relations, negotiation of collective bargaining agreements, personnel matters, compensation, ADA and other regulatory issues
- Litigation on diverse matters, including land use and zoning, environmental issues, false claims act cases, civil rights, labor and employment issues
- Land use, zoning changes, comprehensive plans, variances, subdivision, and site plans
- Tax certiorari proceedings
- Cell tower and other telecommunications-related litigation and counseling
Our Municipal Law Practice group provides comprehensive legal representation to New York municipal clients by working closely with other attorneys across a range of the firm’s practice areas as needed.