Harrington, William P.
William P. HarringtonPartner
Mr. Harrington is Chairman of the Firm’s Executive Committee. He is the head of the Litigation and Toxic Tort/Complex Litigation Practice Groups. Mr. Harrington is an experienced trial attorney who has represented Fortune 500 companies in criminal, commercial, environmental, civil rights, real estate, gaming and employment discrimination matters. His clients have included major oil companies, pharmaceutical companies, hospitals, racetracks/casinos, financial institutions and significant regional companies in all aspects of complex environmental, toxic tort and commercial litigation. Mr. Harrington also represents both municipalities and developers in all phases of land use development and related litigation.
Mr. Harrington is a frequent speaker and lecturer on litigation and environmental issues.
From 1982-1983, Mr. Harrington served as a law clerk for Hon. Charles L. Brieant, United States District Judge for the Southern District of New York. A graduate of Fordham University School of Law, Mr. Harrington received his undergraduate degree from The College of William & Mary, where he was an Academic All-American basketball player.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1982
- College of William & Mary, B.A., 1979
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review National Rating: AV® Preeminent (5.0 out of 5), 1996 to present
- New York Super Lawyers, 2007 to present
- New York Gubernatorial Review Panel for the Federal Judiciary, 2001-2006
- Contributing Author to the New York State Bar Association Publication, “Environmental Crimes”
- Law Clerk for the Hon. Charles L. Brieant, U.S.D.J., former Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, 1982-1983
- Westchester County Association, Chairman
- Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center, Trustee
- St. Joseph’s Seminary, Trustee
- Finance Committee of the Archdiocese of New York, Member
- Each One Counts Foundation, Inc., Trustee
- New York Archdiocese Fund for Inner City Schools of Westchester, Trustee
- Capuchin Franciscans of the Province of St. Mary, Trustee
- Food Bank for Westchester, Chairman Emeritus
- CMS Bank Corp., Director and Governance Chair
- Town of Pound Ridge, NY, Litigation and Environmental Counsel, 1988 to 2013
- Town of Pound Ridge, NY, Town Attorney, December, 2013 to present