David S. Handsman is a member of the Real Estate and Commercial Finance practice groups. He brings more than 30 years of experience representing real estate developers, owners, and operators of real property in the Northeastern region of the United States. His focus is on commercial office and retail leasing, real estate financing, acquisitions, divestitures, and operating agreements.
His experience includes:
- Representing NYC landlords in leasing commercial office space in Class A office buildings in Manhattan.
- Advising U.S. and international real estate investors with multi-million dollar transactions.
- Representing landlords and tenants in retail lease negotiations including leases with several national retail tenants.
- Representing owner and tenants in all types of leases, including restaurant, industrial, luxury retail and shopping centers.
- Representing the owner of an Upper East Side condominium in leasing the ground and second floors of the hotel to an international luxury retailer.
- Representing the owner of gas station properties in the purchase and sale of the properties.
- Representing an owner in connection with the potential development and expansion of a commercial property in Boston, MA and Arlington, VA.
- Advising a NYC based developer on multiple projects converting parking garages and rental properties into luxury condominiums.