Mr. Bassano is the Firm’s Managing Partner, a member of the Firm’s Executive Committee and the head of our Real Estate and Commercial Finance Practice Groups. He is also a member of our Corporate, Health Law, and Labor and Employment Practice Groups. Prior to joining Bleakley Platt, Mr. Bassano was Counsel to the New York City firm of Chadbourne & Parke.
Mr. Bassano has more than 30 years’ experience representing owners and developers of real property in connection with complex commercial real estate transactions, including the acquisition, financing, management, development and disposition of commercial, industrial, residential and mixed-use properties throughout the U.S.
He regularly represents public and private companies, foreign and domestic financial institutions, pension funds, and in a wide spectrum of real estate finance transactions, real estate transactions, and general corporate and commercial matters. Mr. Bassano provides and oversees the general legal representation of several private schools, hospitals and other health care organizations and not-for-profit organizations.
Mr. Bassano also represents both landlords and tenants, including Fortune 500 companies, in connection with the leasing of office, retail and industrial properties.
- Pace University, J.D., 1987, Law Review, Research and Writing Editor
- Columbia University, B.S., 1979
- New York
- Represent several franchisees in connection with the acquisition and construction of fast food franchises in multiple states.
- Represent foreign and domestic lenders in connection with a variety of syndicated senior, subordinate and mezzanine financings nationwide.
- Represented the landlord in a three party “swap” transaction concerning the relocation of a major communications company’s corporate headquarters pursuant to a long-term lease agreement for approximately 163,000 square feet in Manhattan. The transaction was described by Real Estate Weekly as “one of the largest and most complex transactions completed in Manhattan this year.”
- Represent several religious, educational and not-for-profit institutions in connection with the leasing, acquisition, development and disposition of real property.
- Represent several private golf courses in Westchester County in connection with financing and general corporate matters.
- Pace University School of Law, Board of Visitors
- White Plains Board of Education, 2002 to 2015
- Registered Nurse, New York State