Brown, Stephen J.
Stephen J. BrownPartner
Mr. Brown is a member of the Firm’s Litigation, Corporate and Estates and Trusts Practice Groups. He has handled complex civil and commercial litigation, corporate, and trust and estate matters for clients before state and federal trial courts in New York and Connecticut. He has extensive experience with contract disputes and employment, education, and commercial litigation.
Stephen has served as court-appointed guardian on numerous matters before the Westchester County Surrogate’s Court and Westchester County Supreme Court, including on trust accountings, Mental Hygiene Article 81, kinship and guardian ad litem proceedings.
Prior to his legal career, he worked for Deloitte & Touche, LLP, as an actuarial risk management and insurance consultant.
- Pace Law School, J.D., 2004 (cum laude) – Law Review, 2002-2004
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1999
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- New York State Bar Association Commercial and Federal Litigation Section
- Connecticut Bar Association
- NYSB Commercial and Federal Litigation Section
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association, Trust and Estate Section
- Westchester County Bar Association, NYSBA House of Representatives, Alternate Delegate
- Columbian Lawyers Association
- Andrus Foundation – Advisory Council Member
- Super Lawyers and New York Metro Rising Star List 2014 – present
- The Society of the Friendly Sons of St. Patrick of Westchester County
- Pace Law School Alumni Association Board of Directors, President (2012 – 2017)
- St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Parish Coach for CYO Basketball
- Eagle Scout Award Recipient (1995)