Ms. Galvão sits on the Firm’s Executive Committee and is a member of our Commercial Litigation, Appellate Advocacy, and Trusts and Estates Litigation Practice Groups. From 1993 to 1995, she served as a staff attorney for the New York State Court of Appeals. Ms. Galvão joined Bleakley Platt in 1995 as an associate and was made partner in 2006.
Ms. Galvão has represented a variety of corporations, banks, insurance companies and individuals in litigation before federal and state trial and appellate courts. She has extensive experience in labor and employment law, internal investigations, appellate practice, Surrogate’s Court practice, and trust and estate litigation, including kinship matters. She is also experienced with complex commercial litigation, including contract disputes, employment litigation, insurance coverage issues and class action defense. She has also argued appeals in the state and federal courts on a broad spectrum of issues.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1993 (magna cum laude) – Law Review, 1992-1993
- Fairfield University, B.A., 1990 (cum laude)
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Federal Bar Council
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York Super Lawyers, 2013 – present
- Named to New York Metro 2017 Super Lawyers/The Top Women List, multiple years
- Selected as among the “Top Attorneys in Westchester,” by Westchester Magazine, multiple years
- Recognized as among the “Top Women Attorneys in Metro New York,” by The New York Times Magazine, multiple years
- Westchester-Fairfield Association of Corporate Counsel (WESFACCA) lecturer
- Served on Independent Judicial Election Qualification Commission for the 9th Judicial District, appointed by then-Chief Judge Judith S. Kaye of the New York State Court of Appeals