Labor and Employment
Our Labor and Employment Practice Group represents clients in federal and state court litigation involving employment discrimination and harassment claims, wage and hour issues, and other employment related causes of actions. Our attorneys also represent clients in administrative proceedings involving labor and employment related claims arising under federal, state and local laws, and in arbitrations involving claims arising under collective bargaining agreements and employment contracts. In addition, we represent employers in affirmative action, wage and hour, I-9 employment verification, OFCCP, and other government compliance audits.
Our Labor and Employments clients range from large public corporations to small privately owned businesses and individuals. Our services include counseling clients in the areas of:
- Employment Discrimination and Civil Rights
- Sexual Harassment Prevention Programs
- Reductions-in-Force and WARN Act Compliance
- Wage and Hour Compliance
- Labor Relations and Collective Bargaining
- Union Organizing Campaigns and Representation Elections
- Workplace Safety Compliance
- Employee Benefit Plans and Personnel Policies
- Executive Compensation and Employment Agreements
- Disability Management and FMLA Compliance
- Drug Testing and Substance Abuse Management
- Trade Secrets and Non-Competition Protection
- Management Training
For more information, please visit our Wage and Hour Practice website at www.nyfairpay.com.
Bleakley Platt is committed to our clients’ success and believes that in some instances, an alternative fee arrangement may be preferable to a traditional hourly fee structure. Such arrangements require approval by the Firm’s management. To learn more about the Firm’s policy regarding alternative fee arrangements, click here or speak with a partner.
For any questions regarding our Labor and Employment Practice Group, please contact Partner Joseph DeGiuseppe, Jr. at (914) 287-6144.
ContactJoseph DeGiuseppe, Jr.
T: (914) 287-6144 • send email • vCard
AttorneysPeter N. Bassano
Joseph DeGiuseppe, Jr.
John S. Diaconis
Justin M. Gardner
William M. Murphy
- Wage and Hour Compliance (2013)
- FLSA/Wage and Hour Critical Issues
- Wage and Hour Compliance (2010)
- Personnel Documents and Record Retention
- Immigration Compliance Issues For Employers
- Basic Labor Law
- Investigation and Defense of Employment Claims Against Municipalities and Public Officials
- New York State Wage Theft Prevention Act
- New Anti-Retaliation Standards Extend Employee Protection Beyond the Workplace
- Effect of Laws and Decisions Concerning Vacation and Compensatory Time
- The New York "Whistleblower" Law: A Ten-Year Perspective
- Weiner v. McGraw-Hill: Ten Years After
- ERISA Severance Pay Article
- The Recognition of Public Policy Exceptions to the Employment-at-Will Rule: A Legislative Function?, 11 Fordham Urb. L.J. 721
- The Effect of the Employment-at-Will Rule on Employee Rights to Job Security and Fringe Benefits, 10 Fordham Urban L.J. 1