Mr. Mulligan is a member of our Litigation and Intellectual Property Practice Groups. He was associated with the law firm of Rogers & Wells in their New York office for more than 10 years prior to joining Bleakley Platt in 1985.
Mr. Mulligan represents corporate and individual clients in commercial law, trusts and estates litigation, defamation, employment discrimination and sexual harassment matters. Based on his extensive experience in all areas of civil litigation, including trials and appeals in federal and state courts, Mr. Mulligan has represented major institutions, private companies, and individuals in a variety of matters, including, in addition to the areas listed above, patent litigation against the United States and securities litigation.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1974
- Fordham University, B.A., 1970
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- U.S. Claims Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Defense of widely popular weekly newspaper in libel action brought by America’s then most popular female entertainer in Los Angeles, CA Superior Court, Carol Burnett v. National Enquirer
- Trial defense counsel in Rule 10b-5 fraud action in S.D.N.Y, Metpath, Inc. v. Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith
- Defense of world famous private golf club arising from allegations of impact of excessive errant golf balls by adjacent neighbor, Pecora v. Winged Foot Golf Club, Inc., Westchester County, NY
- Prosecution of patent infringement case against U. S. Navy arising from infringement of three patents related to U.S. Phalanx radar defense system, Pacific Technica Corp. v. United States of America, U.S.Court of Claims
- Defense of investment advisory fees in shareholder derivative suit under Investment Advisory Act, Krasner v. Dreyfus Corporation, S.D.N.Y.
- Defense in shareholder’s suit claiming trademark infringement, Korenstein v. Dreyfus Corporation, S.D.N.Y.
- Prosecution of class action challenge based upon alleged illegal and discriminatory laws under the provisions of NY State’s Local Retirement System and Civil Service Commission, Connolly v. H. Carl McCall, et al, S.D.N.Y.
- Successful defense in complex Trust accounting proceedings, Manny v. Deutsche Bank, Surrogate’s Court, Westchester County
- Successful defense of charges against supervisor’s conduct in a work environment sexual harassment case, Finnerty v. William H. Sadlier, Inc., S.D.N.Y. aff’d 2d Cir.
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: AV® Preeminent (5.0 out of 5) for 35 consecutive years