F: (914) 683-6956
- Commercial Finance
- Health Care Litigation
- Health Law
- Information Technology and Cybersecurity
- Intellectual Property
- Not-for-Profit Law
- Real Estate
Mr. Braumuller is a member of the Firm's Executive Committee, the head of our Health Law Practice Group, and a member of the Corporate Law, Intellectual Property and Real Estate Practice Groups. Prior to joining Bleakley Platt, Mr. Braumuller was associated with several national law firms in their Business Law and Health Law practice groups and was Associate Counsel of the Catholic Health Care System.
Mr. Braumuller represents hospitals, physician groups, physical therapists and other health care professionals, ambulatory surgery centers and other health care facilities in various health care fraud and abuse and regulatory matters. He regularly counsels health industry clients on compliance with the Stark Law, anti-kickback statute, Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement, managed care contracting, HIPAA and the implementation of corporate compliance programs.
In the corporate law area, Mr. Braumuller represents diverse business clients in a full range of corporate transactions, including private mergers and acquisitions, franchise transactions, joint ventures, and restructurings. In addition, he counsels clients regarding general business matters and corporate governance issues. He also prepares stock and asset purchase agreements, partnership and operating agreements, license agreements, employment and consulting agreements, real estate lease and purchase agreements, and various corporate formation and governance documents.
- Mr. Braumuller has represented buyers and sellers in diverse businesses on purchase and sale transactions, including franchisees, suppliers, manufacturers, and consulting companies, with purchase prices ranging from $5 million to $50 million.
- He represented an international advertising company in connection with its acquisition of thirty companies and the corporate restructuring of eighty subsidiaries in North America.
- Mr. Braumuller has a particular focus in health industry transactions and has represented large physician groups, ambulatory surgery centers and other medical companies on over one hundred purchase and sale transactions with amounts ranging from $500,000 to $50 million.
- He has handled mergers and acquisitions of hospitals and other health care facilities, including Georgetown University in the sale of its Medical Center and St. Vincent’s Medical Center on its acquisition of the Catholic Medical Center, with the value of each transaction in excess of $200 million.
- Mr. Braumuller serves as outside general counsel to several national and international businesses, including a metric parts distributor, a fasteners manufacturer, various technology companies, and restaurant franchisees.
- He also serves as outside corporate compliance/regulatory counsel to large physician groups, hospitals and other health facilities.
- Georgetown University Law School, J.D., 1995 (cum laude)
- Project Editor, American Criminal Law Review, 1994-1995
- Georgetown University, M.A., 1991
- Georgetown University, B.A., 1984
- New York
- District of Columbia (inactive)
- Maryland (inactive)
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- New York State Bar Associations, Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Children’s Health and Research Foundation, Inc., Board of Directors
- Recipient of "Above the Bar" award for Leading Corporate Attorney in Westchester County for 2013