Harrington, Peter F.
Peter F. HarringtonPartner
Mr. Harrington is a member of our Litigation, Insurance, Product Liability and Toxic Tort/Complex Litigation Practice Groups. Prior to joining Bleakley Platt, Mr. Harrington served as law clerk to the Hon. Charles L. Brieant, U.S.D.J., former Chief Judge of the United States District Court of the Southern District of New York.
Mr. Harrington is experienced in all facets of general civil litigation in both federal and state courts, including extensive pre-trial, trial and appellate work. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, the defense of personal injury/product liability cases and insurance coverage disputes.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- Villanova University, B.A., 1991
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Represented an international manufacturer of a milling machine in a case where the operator alleged failure to warn and design defects when his arm was torn off during use of machine.
- Represented a specialty welding rod manufacturer in a several hundred plaintiff case alleging failure to warn and design defect where plaintiff welders claimed manganese poisoning as result of inhaling fumes generated during welding process.
- Represented a hand and power tool manufacturer in a case alleging defect of a hammer which allegedly splintered apart and blinded plaintiff on a construction site.
- Represented a toy manufacturer in a case alleging product defects arising out of an incident where a child sustained a significant puncture injury.
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester Bar Association
- Northern Westchester County Bar Association (past Secretary)
- Saint Mary School, Ridgefield, CT, School Advisory Board member and former Chairman