F: (914) 683-6956
John W. McGowan
Mr. McGowan is a member of the Firm’s Litigation Practice Group. Prior to joining Bleakley Platt, Mr. McGowan served as a Senior Assistant District Attorney with the Rockland County District Attorney’s Office assigned to the Special Victims Unit and an Assistant District Attorney in Bronx County. Mr. McGowan began his career with a law firm in Westchester County handling insurance coverage litigation.
Mr. McGowan is also an adjunct professor at St. Thomas Aquinas College in Sparkill, New York, where he teaches undergraduate courses in criminal law and evidence.
- New York Law School, J.D., 2010 (cum laude), Managing Editor, New York Law School Law Review
- Saint Thomas Aquinas College, B.A., 2007 (summa cum laude)
- New York
Professional Recognition and Community Involvement
- Rockland County Ancient Order of Hibernians Bagpipe Band, Bagpiper/Pipe Major
- Rockland County Economic Development Corporation, 2013 Forty Under 40 Award Recipient
- Orangetown Police Youth Court Program, Instructor/Faculty Advisor
- Rockland County Ancient Order of Hibernians, County Board President