Ms. Nicotera is a member of the Firm’s Litigation, Labor and Employment Practice Groups. She has extensive experience representing a wide range of clients in state and federal courts and agencies with respect to a variety of employment law matters, including wage and hour litigation, discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, accommodations, and employee leave requests. Gina also provides advice and counseling to clients to ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations, and drafts employee handbooks and policy updates.
Prior to joining Bleakley Platt & Schmidt, Gina was an associate at two New York City litigation firms where her practice focused on employment litigation. She began her legal career with a boutique law firm in Westchester where she developed experience with collective bargaining and labor disputes and ERISA litigation.
While in law school, Gina served as a student attorney with the John Jay Legal Services Immigration Justice Clinic, where she successfully represented indigent clients before USCIS, Immigration Court and New York State Family Court. She was also a member of the Pace International Law Society and the Pace Italian American Law Organization and served as a Student Ambassador.
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, J.D., 2013
- University of Connecticut, B.A., 2010
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- Columbian Lawyers Association
- Young Professionals Business Network (YPBN)
- America Needs You: New York Associate Board, Engagement Committee Chair