Mr. Buschman is a member of the Firm’s Elder Law and Special Needs and Trusts and Estates Practice Groups. His practice focuses on drafting sophisticated estate planning documents and advising fiduciaries in complex estate administration. He also focuses on elder law, including Medicaid planning and Article 81 of the Mental Hygiene Law guardianships, as well as drafting and administration of special needs trusts and Article 17A of the Surrogate’s Court Procedures Act.
A former teacher for 10 years in Westchester County, Mr. Buschman’s practice also includes special education advocacy and litigation. Mr. Buschman is a member of the Trusts and Estates Section of the Westchester County Bar Association, a member of the Trusts and Estates Section of the New York State Bar Association, and a Vice Chair of the Special Education Committee of the Elder Law and Special Needs Section of the New York State Bar Association.
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 2015)
- Manhattanville College, M.A. in Teaching, English Education, 2007
- Hunter College, B.A., in German, minor in English, 2004
- New York
- New Jersey
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Brooklyn Law School’s Journal of Law & Policy (Executive Notes and Comments Editor 2013 – 2014)
- Brooklyn Law School’s Barry L. Zaretsky Fellowship for outstanding work in bankruptcy law
- Fulbright Teaching Assistanceship, Koblenz, Germany, 2004 -2005