F: (914) 683-6956
News and Events
- Six Bleakley Platt Women Named to New York Metro 2016 Super Lawyers/The Top Women List
- Bleakley Platt Attorneys Named to New York Metro Super Lawyers 2016 and New York Metro Rising Stars 2016 Lists
- 11 Bleakley Platt Attorneys Selected to 2015 New York Metro Super Lawyers List
- 11 Bleakley Platt Attorneys Named 2014 New York Super Lawyers
- Bleakley Platt Attorneys Recognized as 2013 New York “Super Lawyers”
- Bleakley Platt Attorneys Recognized as 2008 New York "Super Lawyers"
- Bleakley Platt Attorneys Recognized as 2007 New York “Super Lawyers”
Mary Anne Wirth
Ms. Wirth is the head of our Criminal Defense and Investigations Practice Group and concentrates in white collar criminal defense work and general civil litigation. She is also a member of the Litigation and Appellate Practice Groups.
Ms. Wirth has served as Associate Independent Counsel in the Office of the Independent Counsel Kenneth W. Starr, in Washington D.C. from 1997 to 1998. She was an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of New York from 1983 to 1988, assigned to the Civil Division. She was also an Assistant District Attorney in the New York County District Attorney's Office from 1988 to 1996, where she prosecuted homicide and felony cases in the Career Criminal Bureau. She has served as District Counsel for the New York District of the Immigration and Naturalization Service of the United States Department of Justice. Upon graduation from law school, she was a law clerk to the Hon. William Hughes Mulligan of the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit. In addition, she was associated with Davis Polk & Wardwell from 1980 to 1982. Ms. Wirth has been an Adjunct Professor of Law at Fordham Law School in the Legal Writing Program since 1987. She has also taught Criminal Law at Pace Law School.
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D., 1978 (cum laude) Member/Editor, Law Review, 1976-1978
- St. Bonaventure University, B.S., 1975 (summa cum laude)
- Criminal Justice Act panel for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Criminal Justice Act panel for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- American Bar Association, White Collar Crime Section
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, White Collar Crime Section
- New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Southern Districts of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
Professional Recognition and Community Involvement
- New York Super Lawyers 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, 2015
- Maria Regina High School, Board of Trustees