F: (914) 683-6956
Justin M. Gardner
Mr. Gardner is a member of our Litigation and Insurance Practice Groups. Prior to joining Bleakley Platt, Mr. Gardner had accepted a judicial clerkship with the Hon. Charles L. Brieant, U.S.D.J., former Chief Judge of the United States District Court of the Southern District of New York, who unfortunately passed away before the clerkship’s scheduled commencement date.
Mr. Gardner has worked as a mediator for the Ohio Automobile Dealers’ Association’s Automotive Consumer Action Program (AUTOCAP). As a part of AUTOCAP, he investigated consumer complaints filed with the Ohio Attorney General’s Office against member dealerships and mediated settlements between consumers and dealerships on a wide variety of issues.
Mr. Gardner is experienced at handling all aspects of litigation on behalf of both defendants and plaintiffs. His experience also includes counseling and representation in insurance defense and coverage analysis as well as insurance recovery and subrogation.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an emergency medical care provider in a medical malpractice case in which the minor plaintiff had been badly burned.
- Secured a favorable settlement on behalf of a major Westchester County medical facility in an action to collect significant outstanding fees owed to it by an adult care facility.
- Obtained a favorable resolution to complex litigation on behalf of a large New York City mental health practice in an action involving a non-compete agreement with multiple licensed professionals and a competing mental health practice.
- Ave Maria School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Sr. Editor/Member, Law Review, 2006-2008
- Recipient, ALI-ABA Scholarship & Leadership Award
- Indiana Wesleyan University, B.S., 2005
- New York
- Indiana (inactive)
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana
- New York State Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
Professional Recognition and Community Involvement
- Board Member, Young Professionals Group of the Westchester County Association
- Michigan Supreme Court, intern to Justice Robert P. Young, Jr.
- First Presbyterian Church of Ossining, Ruling Elder
- Collegium Westchester